In accordance with the Transparency Rule of the 2018 FCC Restoring Internet Freedom Order, Remotely Located, A California Corporation ("Remotely Located") is required to disclose certain information regarding particular aspects of our service.
NETWORK MANAGEMENT POLICIES
Regardless of any of the items listed below, Remotely Located reserves the right to use Reasonable Network Management practices to ensure that all customers receive quality service. Remotely Located uses various tools and techniques to manage its network, deliver its service, and ensure compliance with the Acceptable Use Policy and the Terms of Service. These tools and techniques are dynamic and can and do change frequently. Network management activities may include, but not be limited to, identifying spam, preventing and detecting malicious Internet traffic, and preventing the distribution of, or inadvertent access to, malware, phishing, viruses, or other harmful code or content.
- Blocking: Remotely Located does not engage in any practice that blocks or otherwise prevents end user access to lawful content, applications, services, or non-harmful devices, subject to reasonable network management.
- Throttling: Remotely Located does not engage in any practice that degrades access to lawful internet traffic based on content, application, service, user, or use of non-harmful devices, subject to reasonable network management.
- Affiliated Prioritization: Remotely Located does not engage in any practice that directly or indirectly favors some traffic over other traffic, including through use of techniques such as traffic shaping, prioritization, or resource reservation, to the benefit an affiliate.
- Paid Prioritization: Remotely Located does not engage in any practice that directly or indirectly favors some traffic over other traffic, including through use of techniques such as traffic shaping, prioritization, or resource reservation, in exchange for consideration, monetary or otherwise.
- Congestion Management: In order to provide customers with the best possible experience, Remotely Located uses equipment which prioritizes latency sensitive applications (such as VoIP and online gaming) above other traffic. This prioritization is performed upon the classification of such traffic; no other factors are considered in determining whether or not such traffic is prioritized. If no latency sensitive traffic is being sent or received, all traffic is given the same priority. Remotely Located does not engage in any practice to impose penalties for bandwidth consumption for reasonable household use.
- Application-Specific Behavior: Remotely Located does not engage in any practice to block or rate-control specific protocols or protocol ports, modify protocol fields in ways not prescribed by the protocol standard, or otherwise inhibit or favor certain applications or classes of applications, subject to reasonable network management.
- Device Attachment Rules: Remotely Located supplies customer premise equipment (CPE) to all users of its services. Remotely Located does not engage in any practice to restrict the types of devices that connect to the CPE supplied by Remotely Located.
- Security: Remotely Located does not engage in any practice that could possibly jeopardize network security or customer information. Remotely Located employs a variety of industry-standard security practices on the network to ensure customer protection. In order to protect our customers, Remotely Located blocks a limited number of ports that are commonly used to send spam, launch malicious attacks, or steal a customer’s information. Remotely Located monitors overall network activity to detect potential intrusion and denial of service attacks. Additionally, end-users whose systems are compromised and/or are sourcing malicious traffic may be contacted and/or have their service suspended until the offending system is secured. We may block traffic to or from individual customers who are targeted by an in-progress denial of service attack, and when such traffic is impacting network elements shared by other customers.
Service Description: Remotely Located provides internet access via fixed wireless. Actual speeds vary by location and product selected. See our website for details.
Impact of Specialized Services: No specialized services which affect last-mile capacity are currently offered.
Pricing: Remotely Located offers a variety of products at a range of price points. Products offered are based on geographical availability at the service address. To see product availability and pricing for your area, please visit https://www.remotelylocated.com.
Privacy Policies: Customer browsing information is not stored. Network traffic management practices include automated traffic classification and protocol flow analysis (header information only) as required to plan peering, transit and enforce network security (i.e. denial-of-service prevention and tracking). No traffic information is provided to third parties
Any comments, complaints, or concerns regarding this document may be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; our phone representatives are unable to answer questions regarding this document.